Tuesday 22 April 2014

If you go down to the woods today...

Hi guys!

Spring is well underway and it has been gorgeous here in Belgium!


The other day, I finished work early and took Harry out for a longer walk (Belle had been running around in the garden so didn't need walking). I decided to take him to the woods next to where I live: best decision ever.




It was beautiful - everything was green, it was just the right temperature and there was no one there. I even spent five minutes just sitting on a swing made out of a log and some string just enjoying the singing birds and the blissful temperature. I only managed five minutes though because Harry had other ideas and seemed very confused as to why we had stopped walking!



It was really nice to just relax and appreciate everything around me. We live our lives at 100 miles an hour and never take the time to just look at every detail we have around us. This half an hour walk really made me a happier person for the rest of the day and boosted my mood for the week.



Anyway, moral of the story: take the time to look at what's around you and stop, think and listen.


I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend and if you don't celebrate Easter, just a lovely weekend. I  ate lots of chocolate to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment