Friday 28 February 2014

My top five tips for a healthy and happy relationship

Hi guys!

Today I'm writing about something that's quite important to me and that is relationships. I'm not pretending to be an expert, I know I'm still young, I'm not married and I don't live with my boyfriend but we have been together for 3 and a half years so I'm going to share what I found were the best ways to deal with things.

1. Communication. Obviously, face to face is best but if you have a problem and it's bothering you, tell them immediately be it by text or phone or whatever. The sooner it's off your chest the better because otherwise it builds up and becomes a much bigger problem than at first.


2. Accept that it's not going to be easy. Making a relationship work is hard. You are going to have fights, things will get in your way and people are going to tell you a load of rubbish about your other half. Especially if you're young and still in school. But if you can work it out, it'll make you a stronger person and it'll make you're relationship stronger.

3. Don't cheat. This seams obvious but it's surprising how many people don't get this. Unless you have a mutual (emphasis on the word mutual) agreement that it is one of those relationships where you can have more than one partners then don't do it. Don't even do it if you find out your boyfriend or girlfriend has done it to you, it makes you feel worse afterwards and you're using other people and dragging them in to your drama which is not fair.

4. Learn to listen. If your other half needs to say something, let him/her finish before you reply. If you're having an argument, carefully think about what you're going to say before you say it.

5. Go out on dates. It's important to spend time together just the two of you. Try and go on more original dates too like going for walks or visiting a museum. This will keep your relationship fresh and will also keep your mind off the bad things if you're going through a bit of a rough patch.

A last bonus tip: remember that just because some of their family doesn't like you, doesn't mean you should break up, not everyone is going to like you, that's just life unfortunately.


Those are my top tips to keep your relationship interesting, happy and healthy. I hope you found this helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment