Friday 7 March 2014

What I'm giving up for lent and why

Hi guys,

So it's the first week of lent and every year I give something up. I'm not particularly religious but I think it's a good excuse to try and get healthier or quit a habit. This year I'm giving up a few things because I have picked up a few bad habits over the past few weeks and this year I'm trying to be as healthy as possible.

The first thing I'm giving up is junk food. Fast food restaurants (if you can call them that), cheesy pizza, chips (or fries), crisps and pretty much the quick fixes. I know these aren't good for you and I've been eating too much of all that lately. Especially crisps, which is really bad.

I'm also giving up having desert at restaurants or making cake etc at home. The occasional piece of chocolate is fine but I'm going to try and limit the amount of sweet and unhealthy things I eat.


I'm not going to drink fizzy drinks either. I don't drink too many of these anyway but I'm going to stick to fizzy water during lent because I don't even like fizzy drinks that much, they're just addicting.

The last thing I'm stopping is drinking cocktails and apƩritifs. It's become a bit of a habit to go and drink a couple of cocktails at the local cocktail bar or to make them at home. Which is fine once in a while but lets face it, they're not very healthy. They're full of empty calories and alcohol.


So that's it, that's everything I'm giving up for lent. Good luck if you're quitting anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment