Sunday 2 June 2013

May favourites

June is here which can only mean three things: may favourites, exams and birthdays! School is nearly over and I'm so excited even if it's a little bit scary to think that these exams are the most important ones and that I will soon be thrown into the real world. Anyway, let's get to this months favourites.

I've not been using a lot of makeup this month because I thought I'd give my skin a break and the main focus was getting back to a healthy lifestyle. Thsi means that a lot of these favourites will be food related.

1. Fruit: I have been eating A LOT of fruit this month. I've never been a huge fan of fruit and always preferred eating a meal with lots of veg. But, I decided that I'd had enough of sugary cereals and milk that kept breaking me out so I've been having fruit (often a banana or some strawberries) with some yoghurt for breakfast. I love this combination. It gives me loads of energy and keeps me more or less full until lunch, whereas cereal didn't.


2. Lemon curd and marmite: These are my little sunday treats. I'll have two slices of toast, one with lemon curd (waitrose one is my favourite) and one with marmite. They're not too unhealthy so I don't feel bad when I eat them and they are so tasty. Now I know marmite is one of those things that you either love it or hate it. I have personnaly always loved it. I can remember having marmite sandwiches at school when I was about 5 so it's always been somthing I've liked.


3. 30 day challenges: Now I only started this last week but I'm going to put it out there anyway. I've been doing Carly Rowena's 30 day arm and abs challenges. I'm not going to lie and say they're easy because they're really not. I think these must be some of the toughest workouts I've tried so far but they are so worth it. I've only been doing them for a few days and I do feel stronger and fitter and I have seen a difference appearance-wise. If you want to check her out here's her youtube account where you can find her 30 day challenges and other tis and tricks: http://www.youtube.com/user/Carlyrowena, she's amazing.

4. My "new bag: This isn't new but I've never used it that much and I rediscovered it this month. I was using another bag for school but the strap snapped off when someone decided to try and run me over with a bike so I found this one. It's the perfect size, I can fit my file in it aswell as my books and PE equipment (trainers, t-shirt and shorts). I also think it's quite fun, it's colourful and it has butterflies on it, great for spring/summer. It's from paperchase but I don't know if they still sell it.


5. La Roche-Posay's Lipikar milk: I've been loving this because I've had very dry skin this month. It's been quite itchy too and this really soothes it. I'm hoping it'll clear up soon because the weather seems to have calmed down a bit. Last month we had rainy and cold one minute and then humid and sunny the next. Anyway, this product has really helped and it has rehydrated my skin a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment